IFOAM Action Group Pre-Conference to the OWC 2014
Strengthening IFOAM in the Global GMO Debate
IFOAM is involved in different advocacy campaigns with the aim of efficiently promoting Organic Agriculture on a global level. This conference will provide an overview of IFOAM's campaigns and the opportunity to further develop the strategy of the body as well as joint activities.
Objective: The Pre-Conference in Istanbul has the objective to inform and involve the members of IFOAM Self-organized Structures. The desired outcome is the definition and planning of joint activities that will successfully strenghten IFOAM in the GMO debate on global and regional level.
- Status quo of the current IFOAM Advocacy campaings
- Exchange on challenges and opportunities for Organic Agriculture in the various campaigns on and around GMOs
- Define the tools needed for successful GMO campaiging
- A joint GMO campaign startegy for Global IFOAM together with Regional Bodies and Sector Platforms
- Revised GMO Campaign strategies for SoS'
For more information please click Call for GMO Debate
- Opening - IFOAM President
- IFOAM's advocacy campaigns - update
- World Cafe: Campaigning together against GMOs
- SoS Bazaar: Meet & Greet & Exchange
- Reflection of Results in the SoS' - review own campaign strategy and consider new activities
- Exhibition of Results & Conclusions
See the draft agenda of the Pre-Conference
Number of participants expected: 40-60
Registration: Please send an email with your name and name of organization to
I [dot] Valiyev [at] ifoam [dot] org for planning purposes -
best before September 15, 2014 No registration fee will be charged.