IFOAM Action Group Pre-Conference to the OWC 2014
Strengthening IFOAM in the Global GMO Debate
IFOAM is involved in different advocacy campaigns with the aim of efficiently promoting Organic Agriculture on a global level. This OWC pre-event will be held in the format of a workshop to provide an overview of IFOAM's campaigns and the opportunity to further develop the strategy of the body as well as joint activities. Items for the upcoming revision of the IFOAM Position on Genetic Engineering and Genetically Modified Organisms will also be collected.
We hope to brainstorm and plan joint activities that will successfully strenghten IFOAM in the GMO debate on a global and regional level. We will also discuss how to fine-tune the IFOAM position on GMOs being brought to the attention of the General Assembly in Istanbul, October 16 & 17, 2014.
- Status quo of the current IFOAM Advocacy campaings
- Exchange on challenges and opportunities for Organic Agriculture in the various campaigns on and around GMOs
- Define the tools needed for successful GMO campaiging
- A joint GMO campaign startegy for Global IFOAM together with Regional Bodies and Sector Platforms
- Revised GMO Campaign strategies for SoS'
- Topics and hot items collected for the review of the IFOAM GMO position
For more information please see the Call for a GMO Debate.
- 1. Opening - IFOAM President
- 2. IFOAM's advocacy campaigns - update
- 3. World Cafe: Campaigning together against GMOs & Collect items for the position review
- 4. SoS Bazaar: Meet & Greet & Exchange
- 5. Reflection of Results in the SoS' - review own campaign strategy and consider new activities
- 6. Exhibition of Results & Conclusions
See the draft agenda of the Pre-Conference for further information.
Please send an e-mail with your name and the name of your organization to I [dot] Valiyev [at] ifoam [dot] org before September 15, 2014. There is no registration fee.
Number of participants expected: 40-60