IFOAM General Assembly
Every three years IFOAM in its entirety meets for the General Assembly (GA), where the truly democratic and participatory nature of IFOAM can be seen in action. The GA is a dynamic and lively gathering that inspires members, board and staff to continue working towards the realization of IFOAM's vision - to be a common voice for the organic movement.
At the IFOAM General Assembly...
- The World Board is elected for its three-year tenure.
- Motions and recommendations are put forward for majority vote.
- Strategic guidance is provided to the World Board in charting IFOAM's future direction.
How to Participate
Join us for the next IFOAM General Assembly to be held on 16-17 October 2014!
IFOAM affiliates can register with special discounted prices for the 3-day OWC and sign up for the GA via a special link. You first have to send an e-mail to ifoamreg [at] owc2014 [dot] org to verify your membership.
The GA registration fee of 60 € covers organic catering at the GA coffee and lunch breaks.
Get a Voting Card
In order to be able to vote at the GA, IFOAM member representatives need a voting card. Recieve a voting card by submitting the authorization form below at the GA registration desk in Istanbul. This form must be signed by the legal representative of your member organization.
Get Ready to Vote
As a participant at the GA, you will have the opportunity to elect the new IFOAM World Board, decide where the next GA will take place and - of course - vote on all motions put forth by the IFOAM membership and World Board.
- Find out about the GA Agenda and what motions have been put forth by IFOAM Members and the World Board in the IFOAM In Action GA Special Edition.
- Find out who is standing for election to the IFOAM World Board here.
- Visit the OWC 2017 bids page to see who is interested in hosting the 19th OWC in three years.
The World Board Term Report tells you where IFOAM stands leading up to the 18th General Assembly. Have a look at past challenges and accomplishments as you get ready to help us chart IFOAM's future.
Read what happened at the last GA (2011) in the Draft Minutes.
Two Internal Auditors will be appointed in Istanbul to monitor the performance of the World Board and management. Find the Terms of Reference for the Internal Auditors here.
If you have any questions, please send an email to ga [at] ifoam [dot] org.
We look forward to greeting you in Istanbul!