Post-conference Dialogue, Bhutan
Following the "International Conference on Organic & Ecological Agriculture in Mountain Ecosystems March 5th- 8th, 2014" the Towards Organic Asia (TOA) alliance, in close collaboration is organizing an optional 2-day post-conference programme at the College of Natural Resources, Lobesa.
- Sunday morning 9 March– Visit to Druk Wangyal Lhakang Temple, Dochula (0,5 day), with wall paintings of Dasho Karma Ura. The paintings provide a comprehensive understanding of the history of Bhutan, and an inspiring example of contemporary power of imagination. This experience will provide background for policy dialogues on organic agriculture in Bhutan, and Bhutan’s unique path of modernization.
- Sunday afternoon – arrival at Lobesa College of Natural Resources. Presentations and exchanges in the convention hall on: Gross National Happiness, agriculture policies and education in Bhutan; policy dilemmas in a global context; various opinions from farmers, local stakeholders, regional NGO’s, policy makers and academics.
- 1 night in a local hotel at Lobesa.
- Monday morning 10 March – continued dialogue. Tour around the college.
- Monday afternoon – Excursion to Punakha Dzong and farm visit to Toktokha organic farm
- Participants travel back on 10 March afternoon to Thimphu (where you have to book 1 night at your own expenses) and depart from Paro airport next day (11 March). Or participants can proceed on tourism tour from Lobesa onwards.
Further details can be found here: lobesa_post-conference_dialogue_9-10_march_2014_.pdf
To register please click here
Please note that registration closes on 3 Febuary.