Interested in working for an association that is driving change toward a world based on ecologically, socially and economically sound systems?
Then IFOAM is the place for you!
CALL FOR A CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A MARKET SURVEY ABOUT BAMBOO PRODUTS IN GERMANY
IFOAM is currently implementing the first phase of the project “Greening food production and consumption: Transforming the highly-polluting and resource-consuming edible bamboo shoot industry into a sustainable value chain in China”, in partnership with Zhejiang Agriculture & Forestry University (China), the International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR, China) and four local Chinese enterprise associations in the Bamboo industry. The project is co-financed by the European Commission. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to economic prosperity, poverty reduction, environmental protection, and food safety in China and worldwide.
In this regard, we are looking for a consultant to
1. Conduct a market analysis/survey on sales and availability of conventional and organic preserved bamboo shoots and other organic and conventional preserved edible bamboo products in Germany.
2. Select and purchase samples of preserved edible bamboo products (organic and conventional) to be sent to China for quality analysis. The products must be purchased in Germany and the consultant must deliver the corresponding receipts to IFOAM together with the products.
1. Deadline for applications to IFOAM: November 28, 2013
2. Notification by IFOAM of successful applicant proposal, issuing of contract: November 29, 2013
3. Final deadline for delivery of results (approved by IFOAM): January 10, 2014
Please see the full details, including contact details, here.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We offer both volunteer opportunities and internships where you can learn more about Organic Agriculture and experience the impact the work of a global Not-For-Profit organization has on the development of the sector. We are interested in hearing from students and graduates with a passion for our cause and the desire to incite long-term change.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, then please send your CV and motivation letter to b [dot] hernandez [at] ifoam [dot] org
CAL FOR WORLD BOARD MEMBERS
The IFOAM World Board is democratically elected by our membership and acts out the mandate given to it at the General Assembly for a three-year term. At the General Assembly, to be held following the Organic World Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, in October 2014, IFOAM Members will vote on the World Board candidates running for the 2014-2017 term.
If you would like to take on this challenge, details about the application process which ends June 14, 2014 can be found here