8th European Organic Congress: high-level speakers coming to Bari
Several high-level speakers and key topics that have been confirmed for the 8th European Organic Congress (10-12 September – Bari, Italy):
- Ulrich Hoffmann, Head of Trade and Sustainable Development, UNCTAD
(Day 2 opening – key note speech: The need for a fundamental transformation of agriculture towards agroecology)
- João Onofre, Head of the Organic Farming Unit, DG Agriculture and Rural Development at the European Commission
(Thematic session on Organic Regulation review)
- Sjoerd Wartena, Terre de Liens project: Access to land for new farmers
(Thematic session on rural development: opportunities for organic farming and agro-ecological approaches)
The early bird registration period has been extended until 6 June and several special rates are available:
- € 80.00 Early bird - regular fee
- € 60.00 Early bird - members fee (IFOAM EU/CIHEAM/IAMB affiliates)
- € 40.00 Early bird - discount fee (for students, unemployed persons and people with budget constraints)
The European organic sector stakeholders will gather on 10-12 September in Bari, Italy to meet and discuss the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead for the organic food and farming in Europe with the organic food and farming experts and political representatives from the European Union institutions as well as from national and regional agricultural bodies.
The Congress will focus on new Rural Development Programmes, the European Innovation Partnership for Agriculture and the Organic Regulation Review. These topics will be covered during the expert panel and followed up with three workshop sessions.