IFOAM Eurasia is the regional alliance of the Eurasian organic movements aimed at ensuring the organic food and farming in their respective states.
IFOAM Eurasia’s main goal is to create a single organic market in the Eurasian region and organic cooperation.
IFOAM Eurasia creates proper conditions for the organic movement growth in the participating countries using the principles and experience of IFOAM.
Preservation and development of bio-cultural diversity through the effective implementation of the principles of the organic movement.
- To make the principles of organic farming regulating the agrarian sector and provisioned in the educational system;
- To build strong organic management responding to recent environmental and food security challenges by strengthening capacity of organic leaders at the IFOAM Organic Leadership Academy;
- To develop and adopt a set of harmonized organic standards adaptable to all member countries;
- To promote the alliance’s organic development interests at regional and international levels;
- Introducing and implementing joint organic regional projects and programs;
- Conduct training and exchange of experience for national trainers;
- Training for national certification agencies and helping to develop national certification bodies;
- Assistance in the preparation of national legislation;
- Assist in conducting research (training guidelines) for all stages of organic production;
The IFOAM Eurasia is open to all entities and individuals interested in Organic Agriculture from the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and other Russian speaking countries.
- Set up a platform to exchange experiences
- Meetings of network members: (1) probably in Ukraine, July 2014, and (2) during the IFOAM OWC, October 2014, (3) during Organic Forum, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, November 2014 to discuss and agree on strategic pillars
- Coordination of activities on organic standard development for Central Asian countries
- Development of a strategy on attracting new IFOAM members
- Activities to attract funds to support the OLC for Russian speaking stakeholders
- Saparbek Alymkulov, Executive Director of BioService, Kyrgyzstan, email: s [dot] alymkulov [at] bioservice [dot] kg,
- Mirzokhid Yuldashev, Director of The Centre of Agro Information-Innovation of Uzbekistan
- Klimov Evgeniy, President of Fund for Integration of Ecological Culture (FIEC), Kazakhstan, e-mail: fiec [at] mail [dot] ru,
- Buzrukov Maksud, Director of Public Union - Center of Development of Organic Production SAS Organic, Tajikistan, e-mail: mbuzrukov [at] sas [dot] tj,
- Vugar Babayev, Chairman of Ganja Agribusiness Association (GABA), Azerbaijan, e-mail: v [dot] babayev [at] gaba [dot] az,
- Aidaraliev Iskender, President of Bio-KG Federation of Organic Development, Kyrgyzstan, e-mail: aidaraliev [dot] i [at] gmail [dot] com
Location: The regional office is to be located in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
Address: Abrakhmanov Str. 9, Jalal- Abad
Contact: Saparbek Alymkulov, Coordinator, email: info [at] eurasia [dot] ifoam [dot] org