On April 17, 2012, the IFOAM Amenity Agriculture Alliance (IAAA) was created by an initiative supported by IFOAM members from China, Germany, Italy, Spain, United States and Japan. It aims to promote the development of the organic agriculture, amenity industry and amenity agriculture globally.
The IAAA headquarters is in Beijing, China, making it the first worldwide organization with a global headquarters in China since the founding of the New China in 1949.
In 2013 the Hainan Provincial Government, in cooperation the IAAA, organized the first Amenity Agriculture Global Summit. United Nations Under-Secretary-General, FAO, UNCTAD and UNEP representatives, in addition to local, provincial and national government leaders, were invited to attend.
IAAA also plans to:
- set up the IFOAM accredited organic agriculture and amenity agriculture certification body in China, which will seek accreditation by EN, ENOP, JAS and other countries
- establish intercontinental and regional chapters, such as, a North American Branch, a Branch in the Middle East, a Southeast Asian Branch, etc.
The IAAA Council is formed by Official Agencies, the Working Committee, the Intercontinental Committee and the Special Committee, Project Committees, Establishment Committees and designated individuals.
- President: Mr. Liu Qingdong
- Vice President: Mr. Antonio, Compagnoni
- Vice President: Mr. Charles Choy
- Secretary-General: Mr. William Vong
- Vice Secretary-General: Mr. Deng Wei
- Vice Secretary-General: Miss. Edna Leung
Would you like to get involved? Please contact:
- Mr. Liu Qingdong: president [at] iaaa [dot] ifoam [dot] org
- Miss. Edna Leung: edna [at] matchless [dot] com [dot] hk