IFOAM is the only organization advocating for
Organic Agriculture at the international level.
We closely monitor all food and agriculture related international policy making processes. Our core campaigns are related to:
- Food Security
- Climate Change
- Ecological Intesification
- Family Farming
- The Organic for Alternative Africa (TOFA)
- Say No to GMO
Download our advocacy brochure for an overview of our pillar activities.
Watch IFOAM in Action
“We are in great need of capacity building and training opportunities to help smallholder farmers create high yielding organic ecological systems that can take them out of food insecurity and put them into prosperity.”
-President Andre Leu speaking at the FAO Agroeology Symposium
- IFOAM organizes COP20 side event: Building Resilience to Climate Change and Managing Disaster Risks through Sustainable Agriculture. Find out more.
- IFOAM and SOCLA release publication on the role of ecological farming in mitigating climate change. Find out more.
- IFOAM supports the UN Zero Hunger Challenge. Find out more.
Going Organic in East Africa
Listen to the story of Kilimo Hai, how three smallholder farmers in Tanzania and Kenya escaped poverty, hunger and diminishing yields by learning organic farming practices in the context of the IFOAM project Regional Cooperation for Organic Standards and Certification Capacity in East Africa.