IFOAM and the Consortio BioModena 2008 as organizer of the Organic World Congress are still in the process of raising funds for its Sponsored Participation Program. The number of places available will be extremely limited.
Please note that the application process is now closed.
All applicants have been notified of the outcome by E-mail.
The objective of this program is to allow the active participation of representatives of organic movements in developing countries, who would otherwise be unable to participate in the Congress. In particular, we strongly believe in a balanced participation, in terms of territory, gender and thematic focus. Throughout the program, we intend to promote and give preference to the presence of people who have not participated to previous congresses.
The program does not fully cover all the expenses of participants. In order to prevent any abuses or excesses, sponsored participants are required to contribute personally for amounts not covered the program.
Expenses that may be supported through the program are:
Expenses not covered by the program are:
- International travel and Congress registration
The following criteria will be used in order to determine who is eligible to participate to the program:
- Local travel, food and accommodation
Preference will be given to IFOAM members.
- residency in a developing country;
- participation to the Congress as a speaker or other active role similar importance;
- balance among continents, countries and institutions;
- balance among genders, professionals and scientists;
- relevance of the organization of origin for the development of Organic Agriculture in the country or region of residency;
- sharing of costs;
- adequate knowledge of the English language in order to follow the workshops.