The IFOAM World Board is democratically elected by our membership and acts out the mandate given to it at the General Assembly for a three-year term. At the General Assembly, to be held following the Organic World Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, in October 2014, IFOAM Members will vote on the World Board candidates running for the 2014-2017 term.
The Call for World Board Members provides an outline of the responsibilities, competencies and other requirements for running for the IFOAM World Board.
IFOAM's Policy 57 on the Nomination of Candidates for the World Board provides background information.
Electronic applications should be submitted no later than June 15, 2014 to Denise Godinho, d.godinho [at] ifoam.org (subject: Call%20for%20World%20Board%20Members) .
The application should include:
- A short curriculum vitae focused on your activities in the organic movement (max 1 page or 500 words).
- A short presentation (maximum of 500 words), addressing the membership and indicating the area in which you would particularly like to contribute to the work of the World Board. You are welcome to also express your views on current IFOAM positions and the IFOAM program for the coming term.
- The endorsement, in writing, by 5 IFOAM members.
- An indication of your availability (or lack thereof) to also serve on the Executive Board.
- A photograph, suitable for publication (print quality, i.e. 300 dpi).
We look forward to receiving your applications.