IFOAM Euro-Asia is the regional alliance of the Euro-Asian organic movements aimed at assuring the organic food and farming in their respective states.
IFOAM Euro-Asia’s main goal is to create a single organic market in the Euro-Asian region and organic cooperation.
IFOAM Euro-Asia creates proper conditions for the organic movement growth in the participating countries using the principles and experience of IFOAM.
Preservation and development of bio-cultural diversity through the effective implementation of the principles of the organic movement.
- To make the principles of organic farming regulating the agrarian sector and provisioned in the educational system;
- To build strong organic management responding to recent environmental and food security challenges by strengthening capacity of organic leaders at the IFOAM Organic Leadership Academy;
- To develop and adopt a set of harmonized organic standards adaptable to all member countries;
- To promote the alliance’s organic development interests at regional and international levels;
- Introducing and implementing joint organic regional projects and programs;
- Conduct training and exchange of experience for national trainers;
- Training for national certification agencies and helping to develop national certification bodies;
- Assistance in the preparation of national legislation;
- Assist in conducting research (training guidelines) for all stages of organic production;
The IFOAM Euro-Asia is open to all entities and individuals interested in Organic Agriculture from the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and other Russian speaking countries.
- Set up a platform to exchange experiences
- Meetings of network members: (1) during the IFOAM OWC, October 2014, (2) during Organic Forum, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, November 2014 to discuss and agree on strategic pillars
- Coordination of activities on organic standard development for Central Asian countries
- Development of a strategy on attracting new IFOAM members
- Activities to attract funds to support the OLC for Russian speaking stakeholders
- Saparbek Alymkulov, Executive Director of BioService, Kyrgyzstan, email: s [dot] alymkulov [at] bioservice [dot] kg,
- Mirzokhid Yuldashev, Director of The Centre of Agro Information-Innovation of Uzbekistan
- Klimov Evgeniy, President of Fund for Integration of Ecological Culture (FIEC), Kazakhstan, e-mail: fiec [at] mail [dot] ru,
- Buzrukov Maksud, Director of Public Union - Center of Development of Organic Production SAS Organic, Tajikistan, e-mail: mbuzrukov [at] sas [dot] tj,
- Vugar Babayev, Chairman of Ganja Agribusiness Association (GABA), Azerbaijan, e-mail: v [dot] babayev [at] gaba [dot] az,
- Aidaraliev Iskender, President of Bio-KG Federation of Organic Development, Kyrgyzstan, e-mail: aidaraliev [dot] i [at] gmail [dot] com
Location: The regional office is to be located in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
Address: Abrakhmanov Str. 9, Jalal- Abad
Contact: Saparbek Alymkulov, Coordinator, email: info [at] euro-asia [dot] ifoam [dot] org