TIPI’s mission is to foster international collaboration in Organic Agriculture research. The first TIPI Member Assembly was held on February 15, 2013, at BioFach in Nuremberg, Germany.
In facilitating the exchange of scientific knowledge on organic food and farming systems, TIPI is committed to engaging all stakeholders who benefit from Organic Agriculture research. TIPI also helps practitioners disseminate, apply and implement innovations and scientific knowledge consistent with the principles of Organic Agriculture.
TIPI further aims to:
- enable IFOAM policies to be based on sound scientific findings
- establish research priorities and strategies with various stakeholder organizations in IFOAM
- enhance the sustainability of all agriculture based on the principles of Organic Agriculture
- build capacity and mobilize partnerships to assist small-scale producers in developing countries
- advocate for increased funding in organic research and innovation
- represent IFOAM members involved in organic research
You can find more information about TIPI here.
TIPI Workshop at the ORGANIC WORLD CONGRESS - Practitioners’ Research Agenda
As a pre-conference of the Organic World Congress 2014, the Technology Innovation Platform of IFOAM TIPI will hold the workshop Practitioners Research Agenda. The TIPI workshop will take place on October 12, 2014 at Yeditepe University in Istanbul.
During this event, TIPI’s research vision and agenda shall be discussed and advanced by representatives of the organic sector and especially through direct contribution of organic farmers representing the 5 continents (Africa, Asia, Latin America, North America, and Oceania). A detailed programme and registration can be found at the TIPI webpage.
Members of the TIPI Council:
- President: Dr. Urs Niggli, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Switzerland
- Vice President: Prof. Dr. Uygun Aksoy, Ege University, Turkey
- Vice President: Brian Baker, USA
- Dr. Suh, Korean Federation of Sustainable Agriculture Organisations (KFSA), South Korea
- Dr. Maria Wivstad, SLU, Sweden
- Prof. Dr. Nicolas Lampkin, Organic Research Centre, UK
- Gabriela Soto, National University of Costa Rica
- Dr. Helga Willer, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Switzerland
- Marco Schlüter, IFOAM EU Group, Belgium
Members of the TIPI board, from left to right: Prof. Dr. Uygun Aksoy, Prof. Dr. Urs Niggli, Dr. Helga Willer, Prof. Dr. Nicolas Lampkin, Gabriela Soto.