ECO AB is the European Consortium for Organic Animal Breeding (ECO-AB).
The aims of the group are to:
• Provide a platform for discussion, knowledge and experience exchange in all issues related to animal breeding in organic animal farming systems;
• Initiate and support organic animal breeding programs;
• Develop scientific concepts for organic animal breeding;
• Provide independent, competent expertise for the development of credible and practical standards for animal breeding in organic systems.
The first general meeting will be held during the IFOAM Conference.
It will be a general meeting and an initial workshop with the following topics:
• To give an overview of ECO-AB’s goal to interested people;
• To determine and discuss the milestones of ECO-AB for the next two years;
• A representative of each member organization will present a short general survey about the organic breeding activities of the member organization;
• A drink on behalf of the establishment of ECO-AB.